TERMS AND CONDITIONS BETWEEN
Leading Languages and the student or the parent/guardian of the student attending our classes.
1. All fees are paid by monthly direct debit. The monthly payment is the entire yearly amount of lessons divided by 8 months which is 32 lessons divided by 8 (months). BUT you can cancel at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not hold your card details. A payment plan is set us via our payment provider Stripe whose details are here: https://stripe.com/gb.
2. All fees must be made payable to Leading Languages once a booking has been confirmed. All bookings must be made online via the website: Leading Languages or the linked booking systems. All payments must be made via our online booking system or by electronic invoice.
Incorrectly purchasing using discounts to which you are not permitted or knowingly providing false information to us or the schools/establishments we work with could result in Leading Languages stopping the supply of services, courses, lessons or sessions to the student as per point 14.
3. The teacher may propose that parents / schools purchase certain named work books or text books that are currently being used to support the service of tuition. Parents must ensure such materials are brought to each lesson with their child.
4. No remission of fees will be given for absence, except when due to long illness – over four continuous weeks – and supported by a doctor’s note, or at teacher’s discretion.
5. Should you decide to withdraw your child from classes held in a school and the school charge Leading Languages a room rental fee, Leading Languages will require half a school term’s, paid, written notice. If the school does not charge us, no notice period will be required. Please note, the notice period starts from the day that Leading Languages is informed in writing via email on: email@example.com
Should you decide to withdraw your child from our classes held in our community settings*, (excluding schools) no notice period is required.
Our online classes require no notice period as they are booked and paid for on a Pay as go basis (PAYG).
* For the purpose of comprehension, a school is not classed as a community setting in our terms and conditions. It is a separate and different category meaning that the terms applied to what is referred to as a 'community setting' is not a school setting.
6. The teacher reserves the right to require the removal of your child if he/she has not maintained satisfactory standards of conduct or whose presence in the class is held to be disruptive and undesirable and the teacher will notify you should this problem arise. Removal of your child will only take place as a last resort after all other avenues of help & support have been given. If this happens an administration fee will occur of £25.
7. During bad weather, you are advised to contact the teacher before setting out to check whether the classes are running.
8. The teacher is only responsible for children within the classroom during scheduled class hours, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your child is collected on time.
9. Should your child suffer from a medical condition requiring special care please inform the teacher in writing at the enrolment stage.
10. In community and school classes, Leading Languages may introduce food into the classes to widen the cultural learning of the said language being learnt. Please state on the booking form online whether your child suffers from any food or drink allergies, e.g. nuts, milk, etc., giving full details and if you do or do not give your permission for this.
11. The teacher may wish to take group photos and/or have media coverage when holding special events, giving certificates or to promote the services or products of Leading Languages. This may be in the form of photos, promotional video clips or other media forms. These photos could be in the press or on the facebook page or the internet such as on our website, or other promotional websites such as you tube. Children will not be named in these photos. We require your permission before your child’s photo may be taken. Please indicate if you do not agree to this.
12. In community and school classes, Leading Languages operates a signing out register which you are required to sign after each class when collecting your child to ensure that correct safeguarding measures are operated. Please ensure you sign for your child when you collect them.
13. Lessons can be postponed or cancelled pending a sufficient attendance, at the teachers discretion.
14. If we receive any communications that we consider to be consistently rude, abusive, offensive, discriminative, inappropriate or malicious or defamatory, or we reserve the right to stop supplying our services to the said person, parent or child and we may consider taking the appropriate legal action. This means that your place as a pupil may be terminated with immediate effect, meaning your child will no longer be permitted to attend any further sessions and any refund due for the remainder of the term will be made and an administration fee of £25 will be charged. We reserve the right thereafter to take any legal action we deem necessary to recuperate outstanding fees or to respond to any actions mentioned in clause 15.
15. We may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on our Website at least 14 days before they become effective. Please check our Website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised terms and conditions if you continue to use our Website or the services following the effective date shown.
16. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim will be decided only by the courts of England.
Limitation of Liability
LEADING LANGUAGES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES. LEADING LANGUAGES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LEADING LANGUAGES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Leading-Languages.com and it's related services are provided by:
Leading Languages Ltd.
152-160 City Road,
London EC1V 2NX